Saturday 24 October 2015

Stick Binding Autumn Leaves








Hi there,
today I want to show you my last workshop project from this week in a studio for people with and without handicaps. 
It is a great studio project where people are mutually supportive.

I started this week with a Stick Binding workshop. I thought it ist a great idea because the natural materials fit perfectly to this season.

I chose strong watercolor cardboard for the book cover and walnut paper, sisal, felt, handmade paper,  yarn, some wooden sticks and some charms for decoration. 


I have presented the big shot to the participants and we had cut out with the gorgeous fall foliage by Tim Holtz the different materials like thin wood, handmade papers and also felt.

Items I used:

SIZZIX BigZ Die w/Folder - Layered Leaf by Tim Holtz #660039


  It was a very simple bookbinding, so we had enough time to decorate the book.
I showed the watercolor technic with ink from inkpads on acrylblocks with water to the participants -
a quick and effective technique.


We also had time to create an autumn card.
We used again watercolor paper, corrugated paper, clear stamps and a piece of glitter paper.



I wish you a lovely weekend!
Annika

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects. All of the leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete