Tuesday 27 October 2015

Set of Winter Cards

Hi Sizzix fans!
The weather is getting colder and the days become shorter in the Netherlands, so I figured it was time to make a couple of winter cards.
Today I would like to show you two cards that I made with several beautiful winter and Christmas dies from Sizzix.


Sizzix Supplies:

I used almost the exact same dies on both cards, but tried to still make them look different by using a slightly different colour combo and different embellishments. 


On my first card, I used the wonderful circle die from the Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles to create a nice background on my card. After that, I made an eye-catching central element on my card by attaching a snowflake cut out with the Thinlits Die set Paper Snowflakes on top of a star, which I cut out with the Framelits Die Set Stars. I also added a tiny star from the Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles. To finish off my card I added the sentiment 'Joy' in the end, which was cut out with the Thinlits Die set Holiday Words Script.


On my second card I used a slightly different design, but also used the wonderful snowflakes and star dies from Sizzix that I used on my first card as well. 


For this card, I again adhered a snowflake from the Thinlits Die set Paper Snowflakes on top of a large star, which I cut out with the Framelits Die Set Stars. I also attached a tiny star from the Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles on top of it. I made two similar stars in this way and attached them at the top and at the bottom of my card. Again I finished off my card by adding the word 'Joy' from the Thinlits Die set Holiday Words Script as well. 


I hope you liked my winter cards.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

In Dutch:
Hoi Sizzix fans!
In Nederland wordt het alweer steeds kouder en de dagen worden korter, dus vond ik het hoog tijd om een paar winterse kaarten te maken.
Vandaag heb ik dan ook twee kaarten te laten zien waarop ik een aantal mooie winter- en kerststansen van Sizzix heb gebruikt. 

Sizzix benodigdheden:

Ik heb bijna precies dezelfde stansen gebruikt op beide kaarten, maar heb toch geprobeerd de kaarten er net iets anders uit te zien door voor net iets andere kleurtinten en embellishments te kiezen.

Op mijn eerste kaart heb ik de mooie cirkel stans gebruikt uit de Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles om een leuke achtergrond op mijn kaart te maken. Daarna heb ik in het midden van mijn kaart een kleine 'blikvanger' gemaakt door een sneeuwvlok uit de Thinlits Die set Paper Snowflakes te bevestigen op een ster, die ik heb uitgestanst met de Framelits Die Set Stars. Ook heb ik een kleine ster uitgestanst met de Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles. Om mijn kaart af te maken heb ik ten slotte nog het woord 'Joy' op mijn kaart geplakt, dat ik heb uitgesneden met de Thinlits Die set Holiday Words Script.

Mijn tweede kaart heeft een net iets andere vormgeving, maar op deze kaart heb ik ook de mooie sneeuwvlokken en ster gebruikt waarmee ik op mijn eerste kaart werkte. 

Op deze kaart heb ik wederom een sneeuwvlok uit de Thinlits Die set Paper Snowflakes geplakt op een grote ster, die is uitgestanst met de Framelits Die Set Stars. Daarop heb ik een kleine ster uit de Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles geplakt. Op deze manier heb ik twee sterren met sneeuwvlokken gemaakt en die heb ik boven- en onderaan mijn kaart opgeplakt. Ik heb wederom als finishing touch het woord 'Joy' uit de Thinlits Die set Holiday Words Script gebruikt. 

Ik hoop dat jullie het leuk vonden om mijn winterkaartjes te zien.
Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en fijne dag!

4 comments:

  1. 2 jolies cartes, une préférence pour la 1ère, et un clin d'oeil pour la 2ème ! ♥
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! Love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete