Tuesday 13 October 2015

Lots of Layers on a Card

Hi Sizzix fans!
Today I would like to show you a card that features lots of layers of paper. Layering is something I almost always do on my project and I especially love layering several die-cut images on top of each other. 

Today's card is inspired by the beautiful colours of fall and I used the beautiful Bigz Tattered Leaves dies to capture the fall feel in my card as well. 


Sizzix products:
Bigz Die Tattered Leaves

For the background of my card, I cut out a ticket shape from a lilac sheet of paper with the Framelits Die Set Tickets. On top of this ticket, I attached two scribble circles, which were cut out with the Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles



I then cut out two large leaves from green paper with the Bigz Tattered Leaves die. I inked the edges to make the leaves stand out more. After that, I also punched out two large butterflies with the Paper Punch Butterfly Large and attached these on the left and right side of my card. I then cut out several tiny butterflies with the Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Butterfly Frenzy and attached two of these butterflies on top of the larger butterflies. I randomly added some of these butterflies on other spots on my card as well. 


Finally, I added a title at the bottom of my card. The text 'For you' was cut out with the Thinlits Die Set Tag & Phrases. I just love the simple yet playful script of this die and figured it made a nice finishing touch on my card.

Thank you for stopping by on the Sizzix blog today!
Have a wonderful day!

In Dutch:
Hoi Sizzix fans!
Vandaag wil ik graag een kaartje laten zien waarop ik veel met laagjes heb gewerkt. Ik vind het altijd erg leuk om verschillende lagen papier te gebruiken, vooral als daar ook een paar gestanste vormen tussen zitten. 

Mijn kaart van vandaag is geïnspireerd door de mooie herfstkleuren. Ook gebruikte ik de mooie Bigz Tattered Leaves stans om een paar blaadjes aan mijn kaart toe te voegen en hem zo nog meer herfstachtig te maken. 

Sizzix producten:
Bigz Die Tattered Leaves

Voor de achtergrond heb ik een ticket gestanst uit lila papier met de Framelits Die Set Tickets. Op dit ticket heb ik twee cirkels geplakt, die ik heb uitgestanst met de Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles.

Daarna heb ik twee grote bladeren uitgestanst uit groen papier met de Bigz Tattered Leaves stans. Ik heb de randjes beïnkt om de bladeren meer op te laten vallen. Daarna heb ik twee grote vlinders uitgeponst met de Paper Punch Butterfly Large en deze heb ik links en rechts op mijn kaart geplakt. Vervolgens heb ik een paar kleine vlinders uitgestanst met de Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Butterfly Frenzy en heb ik twee van deze mini-vlinders op de grote vlinders geplakt. Verder heb ik nog een paar kleine vlinders willekeurig verspreid over mijn kaart opgeplakt.

Tenslotte heb ik nog een titel onderaan op mijn kaart geplakt. De tekst 'For you' is uitgestanst met de Thinlits Die Set Tag & Phrases. Ik vond het lettertype van de letters zo mooi simpel en toch speels en vond het daarom wel een leuke finishing touch op mijn kaart.

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje aan het Sizzix blog!
Nog een fijne dag!

4 comments:

  1. Romy,
    Beautiful card and I always love your awesome layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the various dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Fabulous leaf die!

    ReplyDelete