Thursday 8 October 2015

Fan Blade



 Hello again - this week I'm in Alexandra Palace, with Lady Sew and Sew, at the Knitting and Stitching show - do come and see us - we are on stand G16/17.
I'm demonstrating the Big Shot, Big Shot Plus and the Big Shot Express - which is the electric model.
Along with lots of  Bigz Dies - both old and new.
As promised I've used one of the new dies this week - it's the Fan Blade - 660459 http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660459/sizzix-bigz-l-die-fan-blade-30-degrees-
and I'm going to be using this die for a couple of weeks to show different effects.
I used 3 different fabrics and cut out 4 fan blades in each -
With right sides of fabric together I joined the 12 blades together in sequence to create a circle (take care to keep your seam allowance precise) -
 
Press the seams flat, and trim the threads.
Stitch around the edge of the circle - 1/4"/6mm from the edge -

 
and then press the hem allowance to the wrong side - and pin in place to the background fabric -

 
the circle is 7"/18cm in diameter, and the centre circle is 1/2"/1.3cm - the choice is to cut a 1"/2.5cm circle to cover the hole - or use a button.
You can hand or machine stitch the piece in place.
Now at this moment I'm not sure what project I am going to create - so I am going to leave it just pinned onto the background for the moment.
Next week I'm going to use the same die to create a different effect and then I may combine them to create a cushion of a table runner.
So enjoy the autumn colours and plan some lovely sewing for the darker evenings.
I hope to see some of you at the show sometime.
Angela
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment