Thursday 22 October 2015

Fan Blade Dresden Plate - finished



 Hello again - I have enjoyed completing this little quilt - I managed to make 9 'plates' from my fabric


 
and I decided to stitch them onto a plain white background, and then use narrow ric rac to create the appearance of blocks -
 
I used a 3 step zig zag stitch for the plates, and a straight stitch for the ric rac
 

For the centres I bonded 2 layers of white fabric together and then cut 9 x 1 1/2" circles using the Big Shot http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660200/sizzix-big-shot-machine-only-white-gray and the Bigz Circle Die - 660113 http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660113/sizzix-bigz-die-circles-1-1-2
I stitched the circles in place using a zig zag stitch



All it needs is the binding - which will be plain white and this little quilt is complete - I hope  you like it.
Next week I'll be back on the Fan Blade completing what I started 2 weeks ago.
After that it will be Christmas preparations - there will be some gifts and maybe some decorations - let's see what time and ideas allow.
Angela


 

No comments:

Post a Comment