Tuesday 6 October 2015

A Quick Christmas Tag

Hi Sizzix fans!
Have you started working on your Christmas cards yet? I usually have to make quite a lot of them each year, so I figured I would better start on time this year. Since I have to make about 40 Christmas cards, it's important for me that it doesn't take me too much time to work on one card. That's exactly why I love Sizzix Christmas dies so much. They allow me to make a Christmas card or tag in less than an hour. Today I will show a quick Christmas tag that I made in only 50 minutes.


Sizzix Supplies:

The tag itself was cut out of cardstock with the Tim Holtz Bigz Die Tag & Bookplates. After that, I used the beautiful Thinlits Die Set Holiday Knit to cut out two decorative borders, which I attached on the bottom and at the top of my tag. 


For my sentiment, I used the beautiful Thinlits Die Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Using a large die such as this one makes it really easy to whip up a card or tag rather quickly, because this die covers a large part of my tag already. As I wanted to add a little detail as well, I cut out two tiny stars with the Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles and added them on the left and right side of the sentiment. 


Finally, I added two reindeers as well. They are actually the left-overs of a border that I cut out with the Thinlits Die Set Holiday Knit. Never throw away your left-overs, because they could always come in handy on another project :) 

I hope you liked my tag.
Thank you for stopping by!

In Dutch:
Hoi Sizzix fans!
Zijn jullie al begonnen met het maken van kerstkaarten? Ik moet er vaak aardig wat maken, dus besloot ik dit jaar op tijd te begonnen. Aangezien ik ongeveer 40 kerstkaarten moet maken, vind ik het fijn als ik niet al te veel tijd aan een kaartje hoef te besteden. Juist daarom werk ik graag met de mooie kerststansen van Sizzix als ik kerstkaarten maak. Daarmee lukt het me vaak om een kerstkaart of tag te maken in minder dan een uur tijd. Vandaag laat ik bijvoorbeeld een tag zien die ik in ongeveer 50 minuten heb gemaakt. 

Sizzix benodigdheden:

De tag zelf is uit cardstock gestanst met de Tim Holtz Bigz Die Tag & Bookplates. Daarna heb ik de mooie Thinlits Die Set Holiday Knit gebruikt om twee decoratieve randjes uit te stansen, die ik bovenaan en onderaan op mijn tag heb geplakt. 

Voor de tag heb ik de Thinlits Die Merry Christmas & Happy New Year gebruikt. Als je een grote stans als deze gebruikt ben je ook relatief snel klaar met een kaart, omdat hij al een groot deel van je kaart vult. Omdat ik ook wat kleine details wilde toevoegen heb ik twee sterren uitgestanst met de . Thinlits Die Set Festive Scribbles en heb ik deze links en rechts van de tekst opgeplakt.

Ten slotte heb ik nog twee rendiertjes aan mijn tag toegevoegd. Dit zijn eigenlijk de restjes van een randje dat ik heb uitgestanst met de Thinlits Die Set Holiday Knit. Gooi dus nooit de restjes van je stansen weg, want je weet nooit wanneer die nog van pas komen :) 

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn tag leuk vonden.
Dankjewel voor het langskomen!

3 comments: