Wednesday 15 April 2015

Pizza my heart!



On April 1st I posted a blog featuring a grey bag embellished with a die-cut flower. In the centre of the flower is a large diamanté gem which was taken from a hair band  that I found in one of the shops down the road from here. As I was waiting in line to pay for the hair band and other assorted costume jewellery (I get the funniest looks!) I spotted a t-shirt which was the inspiration for today's blog; I just transformed it into a card.

When I saw the t-shirt I had just completed a couple of blogs using my beloved heart Framelits dies so they were fresh in my mind and it just made perfect sense!

I used one of the dies from the Framelits Hearts set which has six identical hearts in various sizes. I die-cut 3 separate hearts from ivory,pale yellow and red card before gathering all 3 together and cutting away a wedge with a good sharp pair of scissors. I created some contrast around the edges of the ivory wedge using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Next, I used my scissors to trim away part of the red wedge and attached it to the ivory wedge. To complete my pizza slice, I trimmed the yellow wedge to size before using a couple of hole punches to add the pattern which when layered onto the red wedge gives the appearance of pepperoni. Finally, I used my inks to apply a little contrast.


If you don't have a set of the Alphanumeric alphabet and number dies then you are really missing out. This set has multiples of each letter so that you can actually spell out a word to cut an aperture if you wish....LOVE this set!

I used the dies to cut out the letters to spell the word 'PIZZA' from a lovely olive coloured card before laying them out and measuring the height and width of the word.

Once I had the dimensions of the die-cut word I could create the rest of the phrase using my PC and printing onto white card. I took the red heart from which I had cut the wedge and smothered it with red glitter before assembling all the elements onto the card as shown below. I used adhesive foam pads to mount the heart and pizza slice to bring a little dimension.

Hope you like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment