Monday 2 March 2015

A masculine layout

Today I fancied doing a layout to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday last year. I can't believe myself that he is 40 already but he certainly is. 

I went for a 6 x 8" layout which is my current favourite. Its not too small and the proportions are just right for me. 

I selected a few dies that i wanted to use which are:


The Butterfly card set comes with several very useful dies. I love the feel of the postage stamp so i designed two for this set that actually work together both nesting and sideways.

No matter which way you want to distribute them the edges match!


I die cut several of the large and small ones out of white card. then I distress them using Pumice Stone ink pad.


My husband does like butterflies but not in feminine colours, so I decided to add a detail but not to obvious. Using the smaller die I embossed using the Sizzix Texturz Silicone Rubber pad and the Sizzix Texturz Impressions Pad. I followed the instructions on the multipurpose platform on how to layer it. Basically Tab 1 - clear cutting plate - die with the cutting side up - card - rubber - Impressions pad.


The effect is pretty unique! I highlighted it with distress inks. I die cut the 40 and the words and glue them. I like to use the foam strips from Stix2 as they come in two small widths and you can cut them to the desired length. Makes live so much easier!


On elf the beauties of this set is that you have matching dies to layer on to top of the postage stamp die cuts. I die cut the photos to match the stamps perfectly, no measuring needed!

I spray some ink on the background and assemble some elements over the edge, and there it was finished:


Its a bit different from my usual pretty and clean style, but I think it is perfect to remember that fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment